Options for Rescheduling a Missed Lesson
Sooner or later, every student needs to miss a lesson because of illness, emergencies or other conflicts. Because of a very full studio, availability for rescheduling afternoon or evening lessons during the school year only occurs when another student is absent, leaving an open lesson time in the schedule.
- Lesson times that are available in a week are posted on this page.
- If the student would like to schedule one of these spots, please send an email request.
- The lesson is not rescheduled until the student receives an email reply confirming the lesson. Any lessons not rescheduled by the end of May will not carry over.
NOTE: If a lesson is missed and notice of absence is not given prior to the lesson, it will be considered forfeited and cannot be rescheduled. Except in cases of sudden illness or family emergency, please cancel lessons at least 24 hours in advance for rescheduling consideration.
Upcoming Lesson Times Available to Request:
Lessons available with Mrs. Emmick:
Tuesday, January 21 - 6:30, 7:30
Monday, January 27 - 6:00
- Contact to signup or for additional availability
Lessons available with Mrs. Wooldridge:
There are no other known spots that are available at this time. Whenever notice is received that a student will be absent, their open lesson time will be posted here. Please keep checking back for opportunities, or explore one of the opportunities listed below! Thank you!
Video Lesson Option
Correction/comment on your previous assignment and a new assignment will be prepared for you for the upcoming week. Video viewing and response will be done during your normal lesson time and then emailed to you in written form or through a YouTube link.
- Requests that student will need a video lesson should be made by noon if possible so that preparations can be made for their lesson time.
- Student records a video of their last assignment and sends it (if long, consider sending as a youtube link.) The response will include review, comment and correction of their last assignment as well as a new assignment.
- For best progress, making use of Video Lessons should be limited – nothing replaces the “in person contact” for the lesson
Facetime Lesson will be done during your normal lesson time.
- Requests that
student will need a Facetime lesson should be made by noon if possible so
that preparations can be made for their lesson time.
- If possible, prior to the lesson, send a copy of the lesson assignment page from the previous week.
- For best progress, making use of Facetime lessons should be limited – nothing replaces the “in person contact” for the lesson
New Assignment Only Option
If you need to miss a lesson, and just want something new to work on, you may simply request a new assignment.
- A new assignment
will be prepared for you for the upcoming week and created for you during your normal lesson time and then emailed to
you in written form or through a YouTube link.
- Requests for a new assignment should be made by noon on the day of their lesson.
"No Lesson" Option
If you need to miss and prefer to skip the lesson altogether, just keep practicing your current assignment and we’ll move forward at the next lesson. In those cases, please still notify the teacher that you will be absent so we won’t worry and can make that time available to others for rescheduling.
IT'S EASY TO TAKE THE FIRST STEP.
Ready to start? You have nothing to lose.
Sign up is easy and parent-friendly, and we are ready seven days a week to serve you. Because we only offer lessons on a month-to-month basis, there are no large upfront payments, no complicated contracts, no material or performance fees, and no semester minimums.
Lessons are first come, first serve, so contact us today to arrange your first lesson!
$37.50 / 30 minutes
Lessons are available seven days a week, and scheduled once a week. A registration fee is due annually at time of registration.